Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Raheel Naviwala
  • Pompano Beach, FL
Votes |
Been flipping houses and making money but is there a better way? Hard money loans vs private funding

Raheel Naviwala
  • Pompano Beach, FL
Posted Feb 2 2015, 13:26

I have been flipping homes for the past year and have successfully done 3 houses making good profit. My LLC has a private investor pool (friends and family). We use their money for all costs and then sell the house for a premium. After selling, my company takes a 25% commission from the profits and distributes the remaining profits back to the investors according to how much they put in. I have been averaging a 14% return to them within 3-4 months. I am searching ways to get the money cheaper so I can get more of the profits. Is hard money lending a good idea? I have been doing research and crunching numbers and seems like it will only be worth it if I can get an amazing lender (I guess that goes for everyone). I have two pending properties that need minimal rehab with great profit margins which I would like to get the most out of. Can anybody recommend a good HML? Ideally 65-70% After Repair Value, not on purchase price. I am in South Florida. I met one guy so far that would do 60% of purchase price and 15% annually with 5% of the initial loan as a fee. They don't make much off the interest since I'm flipping within 90 days but the initial fee still seems high. If they evaluated according to after repair value and not off purchase price it would make a huge difference. Am I being greedy? Please help!

Loading replies...