Buying in aberdeen chicago

5 Replies

Hello there good friends .

Iam a contractor and Investor is the Seattle area, but I want to get some idea on how is the market on Chicago  I have a good offer on Aberdeen but I dont really know the market, any Idea

Thanks

@Eduardo Cedeno  Chicago is build on a grid.  This means blocks for miles from north to south & east to west.  So when you say you have a house on "Aberdeen" it really doesn't mean anything unless you identify where on Aberdeen.  Many of the blocks actually run in to the suburbs that aren't part of Chicago city proper.  So you'll need to be more specific about where on Aberdeen.

Thanks Crystal I will get all the info tomorrow and I will learn more about Chicago 

Thanks

Having lived in Chicago and also owning properties in there, I can tel you one thing for sure: There are differences between day and night as you move from block to block.

So, massive due diligence please. Crime, schools, rent and sales trend on a block basis. Ask people in here who live and do business in specific area you want. 

Thanks for the advice Bogdan

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide