price for new kitchen ?

7 Replies

I bid on a house that has no kitchen appliances at all.

i saw on C.L. that i can buy everthing i need for around 3,000

how realisitc is that price , since others have been telling me it costs 

around $15,000 for new kitchen?  I would not be putting in floor or cabinets.

what am i missing here?

Big difference between just appliances, and a "new kitchen".

@Marci Stein I pay $1600-$2000 for a new stainless steel appliance package that includes a fridge (ice and water in the door), range (electric or gas), dishwasher and OTR microwave. That being said, I focus on houses that resale in the $120,000-$150,000 range and those appliances fit well. Buyers of higher end homes will expect higher end appliances.

Terry, that's a great deal--where do you buy that?

Retail, not resale! Sorry!!

Terry is right I do a lot a flipping and a package of appliances range from 2000 to 4500 stainless steal  fridge range dishwasher and microwave  new cabinets around 3000 quartz countertop 1700 this for middle high finish 

@Marci Stein Pretty much anywhere... Just shop the sale ads.

I've got a friend who is a commercial territory manager for a large appliance (and electronics) retailer. He gives me pretty good prices with or without a sale, which is fantastic. I have shopped the prices he gives me against other retailers and he isn't that much cheaper if I shop the sales.

@Marci Stein  

I redid a kitchen on my condo in Queens about 1.5 years ago and got fridge, microwave, stove and dishwasher for just under $2,700. I bought everything at a nearby PC Richards, midrange stainless steel (GE), nothing fancy.

You can do well on Craigslist, probably less than $3,000 and if its a rental, I'd give it a shot. But if you're willing to spend $3000, it may be worth it to buy new and have the peace of mind that it will last a while and will be under warranty?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.