price for new kitchen ?

7 Replies

I bid on a house that has no kitchen appliances at all.

i saw on C.L. that i can buy everthing i need for around 3,000

how realisitc is that price , since others have been telling me it costs 

around $15,000 for new kitchen?  I would not be putting in floor or cabinets.

what am i missing here?

Big difference between just appliances, and a "new kitchen".

@Marci Stein I pay $1600-$2000 for a new stainless steel appliance package that includes a fridge (ice and water in the door), range (electric or gas), dishwasher and OTR microwave. That being said, I focus on houses that resale in the $120,000-$150,000 range and those appliances fit well. Buyers of higher end homes will expect higher end appliances.

Terry, that's a great deal--where do you buy that?

Retail, not resale! Sorry!!

Terry is right I do a lot a flipping and a package of appliances range from 2000 to 4500 stainless steal  fridge range dishwasher and microwave  new cabinets around 3000 quartz countertop 1700 this for middle high finish 

@Marci Stein Pretty much anywhere... Just shop the sale ads.

I've got a friend who is a commercial territory manager for a large appliance (and electronics) retailer. He gives me pretty good prices with or without a sale, which is fantastic. I have shopped the prices he gives me against other retailers and he isn't that much cheaper if I shop the sales.

@Marci Stein  

I redid a kitchen on my condo in Queens about 1.5 years ago and got fridge, microwave, stove and dishwasher for just under $2,700. I bought everything at a nearby PC Richards, midrange stainless steel (GE), nothing fancy.

You can do well on Craigslist, probably less than $3,000 and if its a rental, I'd give it a shot. But if you're willing to spend $3000, it may be worth it to buy new and have the peace of mind that it will last a while and will be under warranty?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here