Buying Investment Property

10 Replies

I want to know why you personally buy investment properties?

I have a better question "I think anyway" Why do 90% of the people wake up and go to work at a job they hate?

@Daniel Andrews  do you have a number in mind that you are trying to get to or you just want passive income?

@Jeiby V.  that is a really good question. I think people do it so they can save money to be able to do what they want to do later in life.

No.  My goal is to do this full time.  To replace my income I would need 4-5k month.

I am involved in this business because I want control of my own life and I largely have that now :)

I have no limit I impose on myself whatsoever. If I only end up with 1 rental I will be pissed at myself, but I have 7 now so I guess I dodged that bullet. If I never pass 100 units I will still be pissed at myself and I have 13 units now so I better get on with it. If I end up a billionaire I will be happy but struggle to give away enough money to make a difference without it going to the wrong people or being wasted - but that would be a good problem to have in my opinion.

I want to do what I want, when I want, where I want or the option to do nothing at all and to not worry about finances. And girlfriend that ain't gonna happen working for an hourly wage in today's world - so I bounced out of the employment thing and into REI (that day came naturally so to speak).

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.