Votes
Michael Miller
  • Kalamazoo, MI
Votes |
Why I'm going to earn my RE sales/broker's license

Michael Miller
  • Kalamazoo, MI
Posted Mar 8 2015, 10:42

Often I read here and have heard multiple times on the podcast questions concerning the usefulness of being a licensed agent, when one's ultimate aim is to invest, not to be a salesperson or broker.

However, I am now sure that I must become a licensed agent so that I can pull the proverbial trigger on my preferred schedule. These last few months, three awesome deals slipped past me, in part, due to my agents' scheduling conflicts. They either couldn't show me a property for days, or they were not prompt in placing my bid in to the HUD system.

Today was the final 'straw'. For a week I've been more or less begging agents to show me a house listed at 26k in an area where comps are 80-120k, and this property was 3k in repairs away from being ready to sell to home-owners (e.g. floor coverings, paint, etc.). It was a HUD on daily bidding. Finally I saw it today, but it turns out somebody won a bid yesterday. I was going to have my agent place the bid at full price tomorrow morning.

Either I'm finding the wrong agents, or I need to take matters into my own hands.

Loading replies...