• Real Estate Investor
  • Dartmouth, MA
Votes |
Real Estate License Pros vs Cons

Tony Santos
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Dartmouth, MA
Posted Mar 24 2015, 05:31
Hello BP, My name is Tony Santos and I am a wholesaler/flipper from Massachusetts. My partner and I currently started our business in October. We already have a wholesale deal and flip under our belts. We both just passed the real estate salesperson exam and my question is what are the pros and cons of working under a broker. A friendly disagreement occurred where we both should focus on growing our business and spend our limited time throughout the day on the business solely while one of our wives (also an agent) lists and sells the property for us while the commissions go right into our business account. Another thinks it's a good idea to work under a brokerage because of networking and finding deals through the MLS. BP is full of successful investors and I would love to get some opinions on here. A. We both have full time jobs so we should focus our limited time on our business. B. Working under a broker (as an independent contractor) is not that time consuming and the pros over-weight the cons. Thanks!

Loading replies...