App / Device tactics needed!

5 Replies

Hey All.. 

New BP member,  Steve, here in Fort Worth beginning to hunt for my first deal.   What great Apps or device items do you use to look for properties through out the day? 

I am always on the go and can't sit at a desk and search on my laptop,  etc... 

Need a reliable "go to"  App or technique for my handheld.

Thanks 

I use:

Zillow - can lag behind MLS, but includes FSBOs while MLS does not. You can also learn to use the Zestimate to get a very rough estimate of value - it may be off by a wide margin, but if you figure out is is consistently 20% low or high or whatever for your market, then it becomes a useful screening tool. 

MLS - ours has a mobile app that has an agent login but also also has a public-facing login option, so at least you can see new listings as soon as they pop up. A realtor may have to set you up with an account based on your search criteria (the process probably varies from market to market). It appears yours is at http://www.ntreis.net/systems/go.asp

(Both of the above allow you to set up search filters, i.e. draw an area on the map that you're interested in, then set your search criteria and get alerts based on price, square footage, beds, baths, etc. for new listings or changes to listings)

County Property Appraiser - I'm on there several times per day to look at most recent and past sale prices for a particular property & assessed values, find property owners, look up permits, square footage - tons of info that is all public record.

Official County Records - Usually available online and allows you to look up recorded mortgages, deed transfers, Lis Pendens (pending foreclosures), and other legal records using a name search or sometimes an address or parcel ID.

Jeff Copeland, Broker in FL (#BK3326487)

Jeff, exactly the info I was after...so many options, hard to tell what successful folks use consistently...and what is a waste of time..Thank You

Check out the NTREIS Go App, also allows for collaboration with your real estate agent.

Tyler H., Real Estate Agent in TX (#0635143)

Tyler, thank you!  I was actually on that today.   Great information,... Meeting with agent next week.  

THANKS Tyler.  Using it today! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
    • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
    • Learn how to get started with or without money,
    • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
    • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.