I'm getting ready to start making written offers, so I just have a few questions regarding the process. Is the offer basically just a purchase agreement acclaimed with some sort of an explanation of the offer? I just want the seller to understand my intentions even though it may be evident from the purchase agreement. Any other pointers regarding this topic would be appreciated.
You should be able to get an purchase agreement from a title company, agent, attorney or even some home depots.
@Nick Deshotels there are a few ways to approach an offer:
- A simple Notice of Interest- Not contractual but it's a simple way to show your intention. You can't use this for properties listed on the MLS. Well you can but it wouldn't be considered a strong offer. If it's a property w/ a lot of interest from other buyers then this may not be the way to go.
- A purchase contract- Whether simple or complex as long as the contract lays out your offer (price), when you can close, contingencies & earnest $, then all your intentions are known by being in writing.
Are you looking at properties on the MLS or off-market?
@Jesse T. I'm looking at off market properties.
@Crystal Smith Thanks for the help!
I am going to start sending every " call back" from my direct mail an offer. I was just looking for a little insight from others that send written offers. I will still be going physically inspect the motivated leads, but I just want to start getting everyone an offer.
One thing that I've found helpful, whether you use a contract or Notice is to have a definite expiration date:
"this offer expires Wednesday April 1st at 5pm" or some such.
Maybe like this:
THIS OFFER SHALL EXPIRE IF NOT SIGNED, ACCEPTED & RETURNED TO BUYER UPON DELIVERY OR BY THE EXPIRATION OF 48 HOURS: ON ________________________AT 4:59 PM.
Thanks @Jerry Puckett !
I planned on doing that. Thanks again for the input. I'm sure you and I will be talking about it sometime soon lol.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
You must be a BiggerPockets member to post on the forums
Join the world's largest, most open Real Estate Investing Community online, 100% free forever!