Fort Worth, TX

4 Replies

I just returned from Fort Worth yesterday and I have to say I'm very impressed with the area. I went all over town and visited several neighborhoods. My wife and I decided to buy in the Keller area. One thing I can say is that the Fort Worth market is ON FIRE! New builders went up on prices while we were in town by 2k and were planning another 2k increase this week. One thing I did not know that I found out was that many builders separate mineral rights from the land AND then make you pay for the lot. Upon doing some research, I found this a very common practice. I don't agree with it however. I also like the fact that you can virtually get anywhere in Fort Worth in 25 minutes or less, much better timing than DC traffic. I signed a contract with History Maker homes but we are still negotiating options/closing costs subsidies. I am interested to see if anyone has an experience with them and what concessions are typical for the market.

I was visiting Crowley,TX and Burleson,TX this past weekend and the properties are still very cheap compared to the rest of DFW. I know there have been some crimes in the area but still thousands of folks owning and renting there. Saw some good properties to buy and hold for rental income.

Anybody has any experience with these two towns?

My experience with most builders in this area is that they are more apt to negotiate options and closing costs, rather than purchase price, especially with such high demand right now.  They are usually willing to help out with some closing cost concessions, especially if you use their "preferred lender" and are buying in a more developed neighborhood. 

Tyler H., Definitive Properties, LLC | (817) 721‑8511 | http://www.sellfastfortworth.com | TX Agent # 0635143

Shawn,

History Maker Homes is a great company. I know the owners personally and have owned a home built by them in the past. They build a great house, I think you will be pleased. And what Tyler said is true, using their preferred lender will net you some extras that you might not otherwise need.

David Crumpler

817-845-9905

I was born and raised in Fort Worth and have lived in Crowley for over 20 years now. Fort Worth and South are still a very good market but the growth North has been much better. The school districts are one of the driving forces. With that, we still have some very highly rated schools and the ISDs have been working hard to make it better. With the new Chisholm Parkway opening, the university coming, and other developments we will start to see bigger things down South of Fort Worth. 

History Maker homes build good homes, they offer lots of options. Their basic homes are much more basic and you can add what you want instead of being stuck with things you don't. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you