• Involved In Real Estate
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
Average days on market to sell home at right price

John Wong
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Las Vegas, NV
Posted Apr 10 2015, 10:31

Hi everyone, this is officially my first ever post on BP. Like the subject says I want to know what is the average duration of time it takes to have a home sold if priced right. And since I live in Las Vegas, would anyone like to share their thoughts in this market?

Also, feel free to share thought on your market as well!

User Stats

Votes
Alexander Felice
  • Guy with Great Hair
  • Fayetteville, NC
Votes |
  • Guy with Great Hair
  • Fayetteville, NC
Replied Apr 10 2015, 10:38

Have you asked your local realtors? 

Every variable matters here: the house, the neighborhood, the listing agent, lending rates (obviously in your favor), the price of the house, and more.

User Stats

Votes
Tim Watcke
  • Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Replied Apr 10 2015, 11:52

There could be many reasons a home sits on the market. But, with no exceptions (assuming the home is being marketed to a realistic pool of buyers,ie MLS) there is nothing price can't fix.

Every property has a price that will compel a buyer to make an offer immediately.

Often when I list my flips, I err on the low- mid range, thus getting tons of showing. I just listed one this week and have 20+ showings in the last couple days. 5 offers and counting - asking for highest and best due in a few days. I feel by doing it this way, the "market" is setting the price....

(SLC,UT under 200k is extremely hot right now)

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Andrew McDavid
  • Investor
  • Charleston, WV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Charleston, WV
Replied Apr 11 2015, 13:33

I agree with Tim W. I tend to follow that same process more times than not.