Crowdfunding

5 Replies

Has anyone use crowdfunding for a deal. If so can you explain the process and how did it go for you?

Thanks 

Jay

Originally posted by @Jay Whitfield :

Has anyone use crowdfunding for a deal. If so can you explain the process and how did it go for you?

Thanks 

Jay

Jay, the lack of responses is likely not reflective of a lack of interest or knowledge amongst your BP peers.  Quite the contrary - that question has been asked and answered ad nauseum over the past year.  Moreover, there's actually a separate Forum category for Crowdfunding (https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/520-crowdfund...) if you want to peruse the latest discussions. If all else fails, you can search the site in the upper right  hand box by entering "crowdfunding" and you'll find your question asked many different ways with hundreds of responses and perspectives.

If you want to hit me through PM, I can give you my opinion on the better crowdfunding portals and/or several knowledgeable experts on BP (those without an agenda and without  self-serving interests). 

Good luck! 

David Begley, Real Estate Agent in GA (#357208)

Thanks David, I was wondering what's going on. Just started a all cash project and was looking at other financing options.

Jay, I'll connect with you. Interested in learning how that works also. In fact, I'm reading a book that teaches on this, although not from an REI perspective. Powerful tool if you do it correctly.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.