GA- How much is good price for hardwood refinish, carpet, pad?

6 Replies

Buying an office to house one of my full time workers and for myself in GA.

Office is nice but hall entry real wood floors need re-sanding and poly coat. Old carpet and pad needs ripping up.

Estimate sellers flooring guy is giving sounds high but I do not know what that runs generally.

"He has done work for me in the past as well. The cost to refinish the hardwood floors (sand, stain and 3 coats of poly) is $2.50 per square foot. Approximate cost would be $450-$500. If you wanted new quarter round is for the wooded areas it would be approx. $150 extra ($2 per foot - he supplies)."

The flooring is only when you walk in front door. Other areas is carpet except for tile in bathroom. The price seems expensive to me for such a small space. I could rip up carpet myself and pad if they charge too much.

Thanks  

Price sounds good for that small a space, he is looking at 4 trips minimum. Thats ifs you let each coat dry. Most of that labor in smaller jobs is in the number of return trips. Adam

@Joel Owens , the problem is the wait time between coats to refinish. its like mudding drywall.  Takes 3 trips regardless of size of room.

Well if you can rip up the carpet and the underlayment and the tacking nails just do that and get a price with that part of te job completed.  Everybody has to make a living so the floor person has to figure the job with some profit otherwise there is no point in his spending all the time invoved going back and forth to your office 3 times..

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you