Just recieved my new books

7 Replies

I have been reading Flipping houses for Dummies since the middle of last week, great read with very interesting facts about the business. I also received The Ultimate beginners guide to Real Estate Investing, and The book on Flipping Houses from the guys here at BiggerPockets.com. I have a lot of reading to do, if anyone knows of any other good reads please inform me. Hope to soon be knowledgeable and comfortable enough to make my first step towards my investing.

I highly recommend Flip and The Millionaire Real Estate Investor. J Scott's books, especially The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs and Brandon Turner's new book are quite good as well.

Originally posted by @Andrew Syrios :

I highly recommend Flip and The Millionaire Real Estate Investor. J Scott's books, especially The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs and Brandon Turner's new book are quite good as well.

Are you talking about Gary Kellers book, Flip?

J. Scott is actually the Author of one that i recieved today. I will definitely order your recommendations for my future reading. I enjoy learning the things these book have to offer. 

@Steven Myers , you can't do any better than The Book on Flipping Houses by @J Scott.  I would just focus there for now.

I have bought dozens of copies of that for friends, colleagues, or new investors when they tell me they're interested in flipping houses.  It's got a ton of detail, it's to the point, and it's real world stuff. I've been flipping houses myself since 2003, and I also learned a lot reading (and rereading it). 

It sounds like you're studying, which is a great first step. What are you looking to do? What are the next steps for you?

Best of luck.

@Chad Carson, not sure how you guys tag one another just yet so I am experimenting on this one. Thank you for the advise, the book looks like it is going to be a great read, i should be beginning on it by the end of the day tomorrow.

You asked, what are my next steps and future plans. Well as of now I am trying to focus on build relationships with investors who are actually interested in investing in young versions of themselves. I had a guy message me on here yesterday from my area, I think I will take the time to go and meet the guy and maybe learn some things and or even get involved with anything he may have lined up. Within the next two years I hope to have finances set up to flip my first home, I have been researching home values and market in this area non stop, keeping my eye on every shift in the market that can happen. I hope all my research pays off in the end because as of now I am teaching myself.

I do plan to own rental properties, but in reality I am into restoration, I like to bring things back to life.

Originally posted by @William Butler :
Originally posted by @Andrew Syrios:

Are you talking about Gary Kellers book, Flip?

Yes. Although it's actually authored by some other people under Gary Keller's (or Keller William's) umbrella.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.