• Medford, MA
Votes |
Home Staging Advice and Recommendations in the Boston Area

Shane Hetzel
  • Investor
  • Medford, MA
Posted Feb 15 2016, 21:16

Hello all,

I am very excited to be putting my first two properties on the market in the next several weeks after converting my two family home to condos. I have done an extensive, almost gut-to-the-studs renovations on almost everything in the building. This being my first big project caused me to naively think that it would be no big deal to continue living here throughout the renovation. Now after living through the process and having to shift almost all of my stuff into storage units anyway, at this point, I basically have only the furniture left here that is in my bedroom. The nature of this reno has been to convert large portions of both my basement (almost all above grade) and attic spaces and attach an extra living floor to each of the units. The layout of the rooms in these converted areas is somewhat unique, but more concerning to me is that the location of the new master bedroom in the basement/ground level is in a place with that is not abundant in natural light. My real estate agent thinks that staging will be really key to reaching the kinds of buyers we are looking to reach here in the metro Boston area. Both units have been improved and expanded to a level where there are not many good options to choose from in finding comps for price justification, etc. I've heard many many times that home staging, when done properly, will often well more than pay for itself in the form of higher selling prices. I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts, and also find out any good referrals of great contacts at reasonable prices in the Boston area that someone has worked with or has positive experiences with.

Thanks!

Loading replies...