Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Azevedo
  • Investor
  • Pleasanton, CA
Votes |
To Sell or to Hold

Jonathan Azevedo
  • Investor
  • Pleasanton, CA
Posted Mar 16 2016, 08:40
Greetings, I'm new to the BP community but have a question about selling for a profit or holding for long term rental rates. I bought my first rental in 2013. 205k purchase price 215k appraised value at purchase 47k down 1450 rents per month 5% cash on cash return Place is built for long term, low maintenance renting to good tenants. It's appreciated to roughly 240k. My latest deal: 82k purchase price 96k value at purchase 22k down 1150 rents per month 19.5% cash on cash return This latest home is out of state. As a California investor it's tough to find deals like this in Ca. I expect little or no price appreciation for this particular property. My goal is to be able to pay my personal family expenses each month with passive income from real estate. This begs the question: should I take the profits from the first home and buy better deals or ride out the sound (but low cash flow) investment for the long term? What would YOU do :) Thanks BP community

Loading replies...