• Investor
  • Paso Robles, CA
Votes |
Out of state

Marcello Oliveri
  • Investor
  • Paso Robles, CA
Posted Aug 26 2016, 00:05
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone can help. I live in California. I found a 12 unit 2/1 apartment in Tennessee that I'm thinking about purchasing ($600k). I have 2 questions 1. What are the suggested estimates for water and sewer costs in RI for multifamily buildings in Tennessee (Cookesville)? What is the estimate based on (Ex: number of bedrooms, number of tenants etc..) 2. How do I find this out for any city I'm thinking of investing in? In case a better deal comes up in another city. Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Brent Coombs
  • Investor
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Aug 26 2016, 00:48

@Marcello Oliveri, I believe you should develop your "local boots on the ground" team BEFORE putting in Offers, rather than just trying to find value here, there and everywhere (unless you've already developed teams in ALL those out-of-state areas)!

You've asked very good questions, but there's a LOT more to consider before leaping in! My 2c...

User Stats

Votes
Roger Poulin
  • Realtor
  • Hermitage, TN
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Hermitage, TN
Replied Aug 26 2016, 06:32

Ask the local water district, co-op, or agency.  There are hundreds in this state and prices are all over the map.  As part of the purchase contract, you should get a information release. 

If you are not under contract yet, ask the owner to disclose utility costs.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes