Streamline FHA Refi advice

3 Replies

My house is currently worth ~155k. I owe about 156k on it. I do currently pay mortgage insurance ($70/month). Current payment is $1060/month (4.5% on the loan). A streamline refi would allow me to drop my payment to about $900 month, but would still pay mortgage insurance (Included in the $900/month). They want me to bring $2300 to close, but wouldn't make a payment for two months. I see a lot of "no money to close, no money down" FHA streamline offers. Does the $2300 seem reasonable, Could another loan officer possibly put together the same refi for less or for no money down? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Alex you do not get something for nothing ,either you can go with your current plan or opt to roll the closing costs into the loan at a higher interest rate I dont know your credit score but the rate does seem high ,have you shopped around 

Hi @Alex Cordero ,

FHA Streamline Refinances are kind of "no thinking or creativity allowed" transactions. We don't have a lot of leeway in terms of how to structure them, a little worksheet basically does everything and that's that.

Ah ok, thanks for the reply and the information. I just wasn't sure if there could possibly be a big difference between going through someone else who would have me bring less to the table at closing. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here