Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Tatiana C.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Katy, TX
Votes |
Wholesaling questions - newbie in wholesaling

Tatiana C.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Katy, TX
Posted Mar 21 2017, 18:29

Dear fellow investors,

I'm a newbie in need of help. I've started my direct mail campaign recently with intentions of doing flips. Someone came across my advertising and now I have a lead in an area I do not intend to invest in. I'm sure there are other investors in my network who invest in such areas so I believe I will need to wholesale this, if it turns to be a deal. Problem is that I don't know how to wholesale! I'm reaching out to you experienced wholesalers or investors who need to wholesale some of your deals, looking to hear and learn how you guys do it. Questions:

1. For flips, my plan for my leads is to get comps to confirm the ARV and get a contractor validate the repairs cost to figure if my lead is a deal. Should I follow the same process for wholesaling: get it under contract, get comps, get a contractor to calculate repair costs?
  2. Can I usually get back the money invested in fees (contractor's opinion + closing costs when choosing to double close) when charging my wholesaling fee? are these all the expenses I should consider? are they usually costly?
  3. I've heard that the wholesaling fee is usually low (hence my earlier question). How much do you guys usually charge? is there a flat fee you normally work with, or is it a percentage on the deal?
  4. How do you guys charge the wholesaling fee, through non-refundable earnest money? should this earnest money in this case be solely my fee or should it include other considerations?
  5. In getting comps for a wholesale deal, how can I have a realtor get me comps when I cannot compensate him/her as I would in doing flips (giving them a house to sell in the end)? any other ways to get comps for a wholesaling deal when you are not a realtor?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks in advance! :)

Loading replies...