Dallas / Fort Worth Investment

4 Replies

I owned a couple single family house in North Dallas area. It has been getting much difficult to find houses that make sense from cash flow perspective in North Dallas. Has anyone been looking into the Fort Worth area? What's your take on the job growth and industry diversification in Fort Worth?

All of DFW is on fire and growing fast. People are relocating from all over and to all areas of the metroplex.

You're right... North Dallas and the suburbs north of Dallas are seeing the most activity.

In the Fort Worth area prices are lower than in the Dallas area. However there has been a 12% increase in sale prives compared to this time last year in our market in general. And inventory continues very low with just 2.6 months worth.

Here's some visual stats for you regarding our market.

http://www.2020rei.com/may-2017-dfw-real-estate-stats/

If there's anything I can do for you just let me know. I'm more than happy to help. :)

I'm a FW native and currently invest here. I can tell you firsthand that finding deals in FW will be just as difficult, especially if you are using MLS to find deals.
However, if you can find a deal, the area is very nice. Job growth is always pretty steady. There is a great medical district with numerous hospitals, we have a # of colleges nearby, and the quite a few businesses moving in and around FW. Like Dallas, we have also been hammered on property taxes over the last few years

@Victor Ayala thank you very much! I will look at the link you share.

@Bret Blackburn the property tax is getting a bit out of hand; for a property  appraised at $170-180K, the property tax is over $4000. It is getting harder to find deals under $200K. Is there any neighbor that you are focusing at?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here