Refinancing Investment properties! I have questions!

4 Replies

Hey guys!

I have been doing some research and reaching out to a few of my loan officers for info on the refinance process. I sell a lot of distressed properties in the Philadelphia market. Mostly fix and flip but i also do some properties ideal for renting out. A few of my clients refinance all of their projects while others keep their money in the property and take the cash flow. Here are a few questions for you guys;

A) How long do you have to own the property in order to be eligible for a refinance?

B) Is it possible to refinance properties bought with hard money through a traditional bank?

C) What is the percentage amount that you can refinance in both case scenarios?

Anything else on the refinance process that you think is important to know would be extremely helpful as well. Thanks for all your replies!

all of your questions depend on the lender that you are dealing with.  some lenders will refi as soon as your rehab work is complete. some lenders require 6 months to a year seasoning.  The ltv will also vary but i would count on it being in the 70% to 75% ltv range

Originally posted by @Jesse Sobel :

Hey guys!

I have been doing some research and reaching out to a few of my loan officers for info on the refinance process. I sell a lot of distressed properties in the Philadelphia market. Mostly fix and flip but i also do some properties ideal for renting out. A few of my clients refinance all of their projects while others keep their money in the property and take the cash flow. Here are a few questions for you guys;

A) How long do you have to own the property in order to be eligible for a refinance?

B) Is it possible to refinance properties bought with hard money through a traditional bank?

C) What is the percentage amount that you can refinance in both case scenarios?

Anything else on the refinance process that you think is important to know would be extremely helpful as well. Thanks for all your replies!

Hi Jesse,

a & b) For HML -> Conv, there is no waiting period.

c) For investment properties: 75% 2-4 unit, 85% SFR.

If you meant to ask about cash out refinances, which are ones where you net >$2k through the transaction, it's more restrictive.

Chris Mason, Lender in CA (#1220177) and California (#1220177)
415-846-9211

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.