Zillow Rental Manager

4 Replies

The past 90 days I've been using the Zillow Rental Manager app on my phone. The results have been incredible and I see it changing the way I rent my properties. I do my own property management and since I started using this program I'm filling my properties within days versus weeks. I wanted to see what kind of feedback other landlords have using this service.

@Mark Fries how is this different then just using Zillow (does it also pull from the MLS) to list rentals? My PMs put my property on the MLS and from what I understand about that world, other web sites pull in this information from the MLS.

Daria, I'm not sure what the difference is other than using the app on my phone is extremely easy. I manage all of my own properties and this seems like an application I should have been using for a long time but for some reason I wasn't.

Zillow bought a company called postlets that would syndicate your listing to trulia, hotpads, zillow and more. The response is fantastic. The only one it doesn't reach is craigslist. Given that most renters don't use an agent to rent a place, Zillow Rental Manager is typically sufficient. 

We use Zillow as well as Apartments.com. Apartments.com also owns a few other rental sites and one big site purchase pending SEC approval. Between these 2, you should fill your vacancies fairly quick.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.