• Investor
  • Newfoundland, NJ
Votes |
BRRRR financing question

Chris B.
  • Investor
  • Newfoundland, NJ
Posted Oct 24 2017, 10:10

Hi all, need some financing advice. I have 2 single family rental properties. I purchased them w/ a HELOC using my home as collateral. One I purchased under my own name. Now as I am getting more into real estate, I purchased the second one under a S corp account I have from another business that's not doing much. I tried to see if I could get a HELOC on these rental properties and the banks I asked do not do that on investment properties. Am now thinking I want to get 30 yr mortgages on them. Want to be conservative and only take about 40-50 % of the equity out of them.... There's a friend of the family that does mortgages. The questions I have are, should I go through a mortgage broker for this or a bank? If I go to a bank, will I have issues with the one under a Corporation? Do I ask for a commercial loan and try to lump them up? Just trying to get enough cash out to do the next one. Any additional tips or creative ideas from someone who has gone through this would be greatly appreciated.

House 1 :

Purchase price 42000

Rehab cost:   50000

Appraised Value : 145000

Thinking 30 yr mortgage of 60000

House 2:

Purchase price 60000

Rehab cost:  60000

Appraised Value : 177000

Thinking 30 yr mortgage of 80000

Thanks so much,

Chris