Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Myles Cardenas
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Getting Started - Top 3 Things To Do First?

Myles Cardenas
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Nov 7 2017, 17:19

Hello,

Let me start my introducing myself. My name is Myles Cardenas, and I am a 22 year old recent college graduate that currently works as a Land Development Project Manager for CalAtlantic Homes in Atlanta. I have a little over a year and a half of experience in Commercial Construction in Project Management, and I have over a year of experience in Residential Land Development. I majored in Construction Management and geared my coursework towards learning Real Estate Development processes. I have always wanted to own and invest in real estate, so I have finally decided to work my first deal within the next few months. I have started to identify properties that I believe would be ideal single family rental properties for me to start out. However, I have been having some trouble with figuring out how to start. Do I create my own company in order to own and operate the properties that I invest in? How do I secure financing under my own company if I do need to go that route, does it follow the same path as if I was requesting financing for my own permanent residence? Do I need to have legal documents in place now in order to effectively lock in and screen potential tenants? I have so many questions, but what I wanted to reach out you guys to see if you may have a list of maybe 3 things that I need to focus on as someone just starting out. What top 3 things should I be doing right now, before I even reach out to a seller of a potential property in efforts to purchase my first deal? What are some things that I can do now that can help create a smooth organization and professional environment as I start small and grow along the way?

Thank you guys for your help in advance.

Sincerely,

A New and Eager Real Estate Investor

Loading replies...