• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
Appraisals, How do we Dispute

Kathryn Bowden
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tucson, AZ
Posted Dec 1 2017, 20:30

We are waiting for an appraisal on a house we have for sale and under contract.  I am afraid the appraisal might come in below our contract price.  This is because it's already happened with a previous buyer.  That contract ended up falling through for reasons completely unrelated to the house, so we never tackled the appraisal that had just come in.  This is a 600 sq ft house, and there just aren't comps that small.  I feel like we are getting the short end of the stick because of it.  This is the second buyer willing to pay this price.  And the house started off with multiple offers in the beginning.  I don't know how much our sq footage price should increase (all things being equal), if it's half the size of the next biggest comp, for example (not to mention better finish-out).  How can or should my realtor approach this if the appraisal again comes in low.  I'd like to feel better prepared, as I'm beginning to get angry in advance.  Thanks for any ideas or insight on this.  Btw, this time I did put out a comprehensive remodel/upgrades sheet.

Loading replies...