• Brattleboro, VT
Votes |
Am I putting the cart before the horse?

Josh Dillingham
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brattleboro, VT
Posted Dec 2 2017, 03:59

I just signed initial disclosures and submitted all documentation for a cash-out refi on a single family property I bought one year ago. I'm expecting the property to appraise for 70k and take out 75% LTV for a total of 52k in cash out. My plan is to use this money as a down payment for a small multifamily. I'm going to look at a 3 unit property this afternoon asking price is 90k. My numbers say it would be a good deal at the asking price + 20k in renovations/closing/vacancies.

If I like what I see today I'd like to make an offer. Am I being too aggressive considering I don't have any guarantee that the cash out refinance will go smoothly? Even if the single family only appraises for 50k it would give me enough cash for 25% down on the 3 unit, but there is always a chance the cash out refinance could fall through all together. I only have 10k in personal savings I could use for this deal, not enough for the down payment. I don't want to let a good opportunity slip through my hands but I also don't want to act irresponsibly.

Loading replies...