Ideas on what to do with a manufactured shed on vacant land?

7 Replies

So just bought a nice 2 acre piece of raw land to flip and not sure what to do with the storage shed (image attached) that's on it. The shed is large, in good shape, but has the old owner's belongings in it. I have no idea what the make/model is or where to find the VIN. 
My options are to 1) try to sell the land with the shed (and belongings); 2) Pay someone to haul it off 3) try to sell the shed before putting the land on the market. 

Does anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

I would pressure wash it and sell with

Leave the shed , it adds value , it has electric and what appears to be a air conditioner . The belongings inside , if they are yours now , sell them or trash them . Depending on building and zoning it could be a tiny house .  And it looks to be a bit to tall to move .

Leave the shed.  Looks like it is in good shape.  

I am actually looking for a piece of land very similar to that in wi that has a few acres to put a small building on to be an off grid type cabin to camp in.

Advertise it as rustic cabin camping area.

Or a shell of a tiny home for the new owner to personalize.  

What I had meant was pressure wash it, that’ll make it look nicer from minimal work and then leave it on the property

Originally posted by @Nathan Golding :

Leave the shed.  Looks like it is in good shape.  

I am actually looking for a piece of land very similar to that in wi that has a few acres to put a small building on to be an off grid type cabin to camp in.

Advertise it as rustic cabin camping area.

Or a shell of a tiny home for the new owner to personalize.  

Looks like I don't have a choice anyway - called a removal company and they said if it's higher than 13 ft, most companies won't touch it. I may just hire someone to clean it out and leave it on the land.

Interested in wholesaling?

What would you take for a quick cash sale?

Bobby

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here