Best areas in NC for an out of state investor

11 Replies

I’ve been looking mainly around Charlotte but have found my way into Gastonia. Any investors with property in Gastonia, NC? Or should I look elsewhere. if so any recommendations

Mark Maisonneuve

Hello Mark,

I’m a Real Estate for the state of NC. I mainly work in the Onslow county area, and seen investors interested in properties there.

Yanet Lewis, Real Estate Agent

I would invest in Raleigh or Fayetteville area if it were me. I've found a few good wholesale deals there and they fit our investors specs. Charlotte is priced a bit high right now and Gastonia has a bit of a high vacancy rate. It's really all about your numbers but if you're going to use a Property Manager  your cash flow is going to be razor thin. 

I invest in CLT and as you probably know it has become very competitive. I’m hearing positive things about Gastonia, personally I haven’t looked. I’m starting to look in Concord and Kannapolis as a secondary market.
      I live in NYC as well, PM me if you have any questions about investing in NC living OOS..

Raul R.

@Jonathan Damon I agree with you about charlotte and im noticing that about Gastonia. Thanks for your recommendations & advice.

Mark Maisonneuve

I represent both buyers and sellers. 

Yanet Lewis, Real Estate Agent

Cabarrus County is a great area to invest. Especially Concord. Gastonia seems to be on the rise and the city of Kannapolis is in the middle of a downtown revitalization project that should change the city drastically. I personally invest in Cabarrus County. 

hey @Mark Maisonneuve - I'm a Brooklyn native down in NC. I have had my eye on Gastonia for a while and have committed some investments now in both residential and commercial. I'd be happy to help you out if I could

Brian Orr

I'm a native New Yorker too so i figured i'd hop on this thread. I'm looking a Durham but the cap rate just seems a little low compared to some other markets (I currently live in the DMV). Haven't really looked at Gastonia or Carrabus county but definitely will be doing a little bit of analysis. 

Nastasia Jenkins

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
                • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
                • Learn how to get started with or without money,
                • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
                • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.