Cash out refi in Arizona

5 Replies

I have a rental property in Pinetop and want to do a cash out refi. Have any of my fellow AZ investors had any success with certain banks? Also, have you had any success doing a HELOc on a rental as well? Your input would be much appreciated!

Thanks, @Wes Blackwell ! Please remember, @Preston Wengert , that the interest on a HELOC is no longer deductible. Even if you currently have a HELOC, the 2018 tax plan removed that deduction - there's no grandfathering. Please let me know if we can help you. Thanks!

There are banks that will do a HELOC on a rental, but you have to shop around- don't give up, they are out there! Also, HELOC interest will STILL be deductible with the new tax law, but only if it's used for a business purpose, so there should be little to no effect for investors in that regard.

Corby Goade, Real Estate Agent
208-297-3010

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.