Just took the first big step toward my MF investing goal

8 Replies

It's been a great run building my SFR portfolio but officially on the market. I will say that I have a much better appreciation for single family home investing than I did before I started getting serious about multi-family. But I'm ready to make the shift and think there is some substantial growth potential.

Hi @Andrew Kerr . I need to scale more quickly. I really like the diversification and risk profile my SFR portfolio investing has brought. And the cash flow and returns are great. I have also learned a lot about systems and processes from financing and acquisition to rehab to tenant screening to property management and so on. I am ready to take these processes to a larger scale operation.

@Tony Castronovo That's great to hear. We talked like 9 months ago and you really want to get in to MF market. Good luck!! Let me know.

Vijaianand Thirunageswaram, Real Estate Agent in TX (#612107)

Thanks @Vijaianand Thirnageswaram! There is a bit of anxiety as I feel I have gotten pretty good at the SFR side of things. I have very good systems and processes and have built a good business from SFR buy & hold investing. There are pros and cons to MF and I feel I am making a good decision. But it will be a new challenge for sure!

Good luck! Keep us posted on how it goes.

Do you plan on getting rid of all of your SFHs and completely converting to MFH, or maybe holding onto a couple of your best properties while you go in the new direction?

Thomas Shaw

Thanks @Thomas Shaw ! While I would like to keep my best performers I am trying to go as big as I can on the MF side. I am currently under contract on the full lot. 

That's really awesome @Tony Castronovo . I'm sure it's a little scary to pull the trigger on such a huge change in investment strategy. But if you handle the MFH as well as you have the SFH, I'm sure you'll do well.

Thomas Shaw

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
      • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
      • Learn how to get started with or without money,
      • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
      • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.