Daniel Jodrey
  • Santa Barbara, CA
Votes |
Austin, Texas and Round Rock,Texas Multifamily search

Daniel Jodrey
  • Santa Barbara, CA
Posted Jan 23 2018, 14:31

Hello all!

There is a good chance that I could be relocating to Austin Texas area for work and I have made the commitment that I will be buying my first multi family on my next move. I have done lots of research and reading/listening to many different resources and have a good understanding of what I want to do. My largest set back has been the market that I want to start in. I currently live in Miami and feel it is very inflated and overall don't like what I am seeing that I would get for 300k-350k. 

I know Austin is one of the fastest growing markets over the last few years but also know the market isn't anything near what California/New York areas are at. I also was researching in nearby suburbs such as Round Rock, that seems has some really nice areas for reasonable prices. I would love to hear from anyone in the area that could offer any advice. Ultimately if the transfer does happen I would need to find a place relatively fast.

I would be looking for a duplex (possibly triplex) for around $350k. I would like to do a FHA loan with 3.5 down as I would be living in one side and "house hacking". If this could be a prosperous area i think i would be ok to settle down for a good amount of years and grow my business there. It is a desirable area, no state income tax, ive heard lower taxes overall etc.

Any thoughts and help is appreciated!

Daniel

Loading replies...