• OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
Votes |
Stock market correction, BitCoin collapse, and real estate

Alex Owens
  • Rental Property Investor
  • OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
Posted Feb 5 2018, 14:53

Things that have occurred today:

Today the DOW dropped 1,175 points - marking the largest single-day decline in the index's history. The stock market has been on an absolute tear over the last year and many point to today as the beginning of the inevitable market correction.

Today BitCoin dropped below $7,000 - a decline of 65% since its peak just 2 months ago.

Today I received checks in the mail. Not for dividends on stocks I own or crypto currency proceeds; but rather for rental income on real estate that I own. I say this not to brag, but to put into focus the underlying and most fundamental aspect about real estate investing. IT IS REAL, IT IS TANGIBLE, and IT IS NEVER GOING AWAY. The stock market could go to 0, BitCoin could go to 0 - but real estate never will.

I say all of this because I hate seeing people dismiss real estate as an investment vehicle because it takes too much time and money to see results. I am tired of all of the "get rich quick" investors (speculators) out there who think they are on the ground floor of the next big investment. Look at what happened just today: your stocks fell, your BitCoin fell, my rental check remained the same. End of story. 

Just a thought for the next time you contemplate throwing $1,000 into BitCoin instead of Direct Mail. Results in real estate have been proven time and time again, you just have to be patient and trust the process. 

"I am not looking to get rich quick, I am looking to get rich for sure" - Grant Cardone

Loading replies...