PCS to Colorado Springs

5 Replies

Hello in February I’m PCSing to Carson and would like to know if anyone is overthere to help guid me in the right direction and let me shadow them for a while. Also would like some advice on wether I should sell my condo or rent it out, it’s in Hawaii had it since March 2017 for 371000 but after all fees and such it ended up being 377000 at 4% using the VA loan. I have yet to refi

Holy crap Schofield then Carson? How lucky are you?

If you can get your condo to cash flow there is no reason not to keep it. You might want to talk to a realtor to see what the market value might be. If it has appreciated enough you might use the cash somewhere else with better cash flow.

I doubt you’ll get cash flow near Carson either but since you’ll be getting BAH anyway you should definitely buy again with the intent to rent out or sell after you PCS again. Once again start talking to a realtor ahead of time to open your options up and start to get an idea of the market.

I highly suggest you look for a realtor with the Military Relocation Professional (MRP) designation because they have taken extra courses to learn more about service members and more importantly the VA loan. Best of luck to you!

yeah what Jared said. there's a lot of missing variables. Go to Rentometer, and figure out how much it would rent for and figure out all the expenses whichll probably include HOA fees as well. Hawaii's a tough market but run the numbers. Get a CMA from an agent. If the agent had a property manager contact, and it seems like the condo can rent out with cash flow, id start interviewing that a project manager and go from there.

Originally posted by @Trenton Zimmerman :
Hello in February I’m PCSing to Carson and would like to know if anyone is overthere to help guid me in the right direction and let me shadow them for a while. Also would like some advice on wether I should sell my condo or rent it out, it’s in Hawaii had it since March 2017 for 371000 but after all fees and such it ended up being 377000 at 4% using the VA loan. I have yet to refi

Trenton, inbox me the address of your condo and I will be able to provide you with some insights. 

Aloha,

Luan 

@Trenton Zimmerman

As an "F" Quad Alumni. I will say "HUAH"! 

I do wish I had some insight onto the market on Oahu, but I was pretty much eating Ramen and sitting in the field or deployed so not much help.

It may help others if you have the fees associated and property management fees so they can calculate.

I will say "My XYZ is going to manage it" is a real bad idea. I still have about 3K worth of "coming payments" from cars and furniture from 25 years ago.... I gave up on ever seeing that a long time ago :)