Bigger Pockets Calculators

Bigger Pockets Calculators

College Station, TX · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 3 votes

Hi Bigger Pockets, 

I am relatively new to real estate and am currently a Petroleum Engineering student at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas graduating this December. I have watched many podcasts and have attended online webinars, and am curious to any information that could be offered regarding how the calculations are actually done behind the bigger pocket rent calculators here on the website? I understand that the website does all the calculations for me, but being an engineer I typically learn better through actually messing with equations, seeing where they're derived from and applying them myself. Any ideas on what learning material, either here on BP or elsewhere, for these calculations would be greatly appreciated. 

Jordan

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 13 votes
8y
Jordan I believe there is a limit of 5 “calculations “ for non-Pro members so consider that when testing them out. *If you wanted to get a pro membership anyway, watch a webinar and there is usually a 20% off code at the end
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y
    Most of it is simple math, Income vs. Expense. I think the calculators are designed more to keep everything organized and to help people from forgetting all of the expenses that are included.
  • College Station, TX · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    @Jason D. Thanks Jason! I'll see if I can figure it out and match the same numbers that the calculators get.

  • Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    @Jordan Prentice Check out What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know about Cash Flow.

    It does and excellent job explain all the calculations the website does for you and more.

  • College Station, TX · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    @Bill F. Thank you, Bill! I'll give it a read, I'm sure its exactly what I am looking for.

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 13 votes
    8y
    Jordan I believe there is a limit of 5 “calculations “ for non-Pro members so consider that when testing them out. *If you wanted to get a pro membership anyway, watch a webinar and there is usually a 20% off code at the end
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.