What to ask when interviewing a realtor.

5 Replies

@Brandon Handel have you considered reading some books on real estate investing? You’ll learn way more then just posting these continuous types of questions.

I’m reading set for life by Scott trench tonight. Looks like it’s on sale for kindle for 3.49. For a book about agents the millionaire real estate agent by Gary Keller is good.

The book on managing rental properties by Brandon turner. All costs less then 30 bucks.

Just an idea

1. How many properties do you currently own?
  2. How many transactions have you done in the past 2 years?
  3. How many of those were on behalf of investors?
  4. Who do you recommend for HML, Private Money, Fix and Flip loans, and standard loans?
  5. If anyone, who else is on your real estate team?
  6. Do you hire a professional real estate photographer?
  7. How do you (realtor) define a successful transaction?
  8. What do you clients like the most when working with you?

@Caleb Heimsoth , I am reading books. In fact, I have the last one by Brandon Turner. I can only read so much at one time. Sometimes it is quicker and more efficient to ask questions rather than dig through different books to find the answer you're looking for. Plus asking multiple people yields multiple answers and points of view. Not everything is in one book, but I can ask multiple people and get lots of different advice. That's what I thought the point of BiggerPockets forums was all about. Why have forums if we should all just read books. Thank you for your input though. 

@Brandon Handel the most important question is how many of your clients are investors. You want someone who deals with investors almost exclusively. Then ask them the follow up questions.

Finding s good realtor takes some time.

I am not of the opinion that they have to have a ton of investor clients. It would be much more important to me that they are investors themselves. This way they will speak the same language as you rather then just using the standard market buyer lexicon.