Contacting Fsbo property Owners

Contacting Fsbo property Owners

Independence, MO · Member since 2016 · 192 posts · 18 votes

Is there any way to get sellers contact info for Fsbo properties listed on sites like Zillow.com or Realtor.com without having to contact their agent?

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Missoula, MT · Member since 2015 · 242 posts · 177 votes
8y

@Deangelo Mack

On those websites it let's AN agent know that you are interested. That agent is then going to try to represent you in the purchase of that property. Sometimes it does show the owner's direct information if they put in on there. I think most of the time the owners just don't really know how to do it correctly. 

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Missoula, MT · Member since 2015 · 242 posts · 177 votes
    8y

    If it is For Sale By Owner then there won't by an agent.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 653 posts · 769 votes
    8y

    yeah, what @Dave Passey said. By definition, a fsbo doesn't have an agent. If they don't have a number, then they don't know what they are doing (and should have used an agent). If you're not local you can always buy data sets and look up contact info via whitepages, etc., if you really want to track them down.

  • Independence, MO · Member since 2016 · 192 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    So why does the "Sale By Owner"  properties not have the owners contact info but has either agent contact info or an quick email option letting the agent know your interested?

  • Investor · Missoula, MT · Member since 2015 · 242 posts · 177 votes
    8y

    @Deangelo Mack

    On those websites it let's AN agent know that you are interested. That agent is then going to try to represent you in the purchase of that property. Sometimes it does show the owner's direct information if they put in on there. I think most of the time the owners just don't really know how to do it correctly. 

  • Real Estate Broker · MA · Member since 2013 · 361 posts · 297 votes
    8y

    @Deangelo Mack

    If you're searching for FSBO listings on Zillow, you may see some buyers agents listed. Zillow is in the business of selling leads to agent, so even on FSBO listings they show some buyers agents to try to get you to click. At the bottom of the list of agents, there is normally a property owner contact.

  • Independence, MO · Member since 2016 · 192 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    Thanks guys. I appreciate your feed back

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Great info, You All - thanks. I have driven by at least 6 FSBO today and thought, "man, I wonder if I could contact them to make a deal?"... the reason it was a passing thought is because I've never done anything like that before. I was like, 'what would I say/ask besides how much?"

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    8y
    This is what I do Get on google earth find the address number of the house in question Call your county deed recorder / tax assessor ask them if they can look up a property for you and tell you the info They will get you the owners name what it sold for and when and what the taxes are annually Get on white pages online ..look up the owners name and call them or direct mail them your interested in their property at 123 Main Street
  • Independence, MO · Member since 2016 · 192 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    Thank you sir

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.