Looking for multi family mentor

5 Replies

Looking for someone that has purchased a few apartment complexes that can assist me with how to analyze a deal and tips on how to structure deals with limited capital. I have access to hard money loans, just not sure how to use them for an apt complex I want to hold vs using a hml to flip a property.

@David Sanford There are pages upon pages on these forums. The search function is your friend. 

Alternatively, you can pay me a ton of cash and I can walk you through everything especially since I'm creating an underwriting software and am a syndicator. 

@Aaron Hunt also has a special "McRib" speal mentor deal ;)

@David Sanford , hard money can play in apartments but typically the “flips” take longer than a house flip, on the order of years instead of months. Where hard money plays is taking down a property cash, only to put longer term debt on it based on purchase details as soon as possible. The cash obviously makes your offer more interesting to a seller as the commercial loan needed for an apartment property with take 60-90 days to close. 

Hope this helps. Where are you looking at buying? VA?

Bruce

thanks @Bruce Scannell . VA would be my area of interest. I of course will eventually be open to any market but for my first deal I want to stay semi local within a couple hours of a drive. what do you think about using hard money to put the 25% down and using traditional commercial financing for the remainder? I guess then my challenge would be paying back the lender in a timely manner.

Believe In Yourself
Buy the ugliest house in the best neighborhood
Buy cheap sell high
Write your goals down and envision achieving them
Take action

There ...I just saved you 30 grand on a mentor

Not that you got all that out of the way you can focus on reading and researching this forum to learn everything you need to know for free

@David Sanford I paid 30k for a apartment mentor after I got 11 sfh and realized that sfh was not scaleable.

Yea you can learn a lot on your own but to be a lead investor on a large deal you will need to build your network and get a KP to sign on your loan who has the experience and net worth. Unfortunately it’s a closed community that you have to pay to play.