What are good books to read

2 Replies

@Isaac Josey any of the books here on biggerpockets are excellent to read. If you knock out all of them you will have gained a ton of knowledge to get you ready to start investing. I also like personal development books as I believe personal development is just as important as learning the nuts and bolts of investing. The One Thing, The Compound Effect, anything from Napolean Hill, and Tim Ferriss' books Tools of Titans and Tribe of Mentors are some of my favorites.

@Isaac Josey Hey Isaac! Posted this a few days ago somewhere else, so pardon my copy and paste job...

Like many people, I started with Robert Kiyosaki's "Rich Dad Poor Dad." I read this in high school but didn't take much from it. I read it again earlier this year, and it really got me to commit to massive action and to get moving with REI. What a difference a few years can make!

@Brandon Turner 's book "Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low!) Money Down" was extremely helpful, especially in stirring the creativity pot and helping me figure out ways to reach out to my current network to put some money together. Fun fact: I read this entire book in Brandon's voice in my head, which made it 10x more enjoyable.

I've been putting off "Building Wealth One House at a Time" by John Schaub. I've heard a lot of great things about this one, but haven't gotten around to it.

Not a real estate book, but Ryan Holiday's "The Obstacle is the Way" has helped guide my perspective when I hit walls and need to redirect. I'm just getting started in REI, but have been able to apply his concepts to discussions I've had with lenders, realtors, other investors, etc.

The Richest Man in Babylon" keeps coming up on the BP podcast. This one is probably next on my list!