Good books on setting real estate investing goals

4 Replies

Are there any books out there that detail the thought process behind setting solid and defined goals as it relates to real estate? Or maybe even not focused just on real estate, but maybe business in general?

I always hear and read about setting goals, and how that can propel you forward once you have that clearly defined. I have a general idea of what I'm looking for, but coming up with a potent goal is challenging for me. I *want* to set a goal that I can look at daily, weekly, etc, and rate my progress to keep me on track, but I always come up empty handed. I know this is something I need to conquer.

Recommendations appreciated!

@Jason Howell

In terms of goal setting, there is only one book that I can recommend that really puts into words the way I feel.

The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone.  

@Jason Howell Hi Jason, I read once that you should come up with a specific numeric goal for a time frame (month, year, etc). Then, whatever number you have set for yourself, multiple it by 10. Then challenge your mind to find ways to get to this new seemingly unrealistic number. If you think about it long and hard enough, the 10x number will seem much more realistic! Ie. Goal make 100,000/year by this time next year New goal: Make 1,000,000/year by this time next year. Even if you do not hit it I’m confident the elevated level of thinking will propel you way past the 100,000/year figure.
Originally posted by @Anthony Gayden :

@Jason Howell

In terms of goal setting, there is only one book that I can recommend that really puts into words the way I feel.

The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone.  

Awesome, thanks for the reminder. I've heard about this book but it fell off my radar. Looking at the table of contents, this is exactly what I'm looking for! Thank you!!

Originally posted by @Jonathan Dempsey :
@Jason Howell Hi Jason, I read once that you should come up with a specific numeric goal for a time frame (month, year, etc). Then, whatever number you have set for yourself, multiple it by 10. Then challenge your mind to find ways to get to this new seemingly unrealistic number. If you think about it long and hard enough, the 10x number will seem much more realistic!

Ie. Goal make 100,000/year by this time next year

New goal: Make 1,000,000/year by this time next year.

Even if you do not hit it I’m confident the elevated level of thinking will propel you way past the 100,000/year figure.

I actually just watched a BP video this morning where @Brandon Turner talks about this very thing. Looks like I need to pick up the book listed above to learn all about HOW to go from setting a seemingly lofty goal to realizing the benefit of shooting high. Thank you so much!