Recommendations for Areas in NYC to Invest

6 Replies

Hi Everyone, 

My name is Felicia. I'm a newbie to Bigger Pockets and Real Estate investing. I'm located in NYC, but due to the gentrification happening the market entry is too high for me right now. I'm looking for an area that is reasonable to invest in, but close enough to NYC. I'm curious if anyone has any feedback regarding investing in Albany, NY or Poughkeepsie, NY. 

Also, for Poughkeepsie what are some areas would you recommend looking into? Want to make sure that I'm not investing in a Class D area to start. 

Would love some suggestions. 

Hi Felicia, I ended up buying a property in Yonkers. I've looked at Poughkeepsie in depth, as well as some other areas, and am happy to share what I've learned. Please feel free to PM me.

@Scott Schreiber

Hey there just saw your post. I am new to investing and saw that you recently purchased in Yonkers ?

My husband and I bought our home in Yonkers 3 years ago and now I am looking to purchase an investment property.

How has the market been for you here in Yonkers ?

North side of Poughkeepsie (City) is heating up. Multi family on Albany Street went onto the market at 298k, had a bidding war and subsequently and accepted offer at 340k.