• Atlanta and Detroit
Votes |
Another one of my Deals in Detroit

Marisa R.
  • Developer
  • Atlanta and Detroit
Posted Oct 5 2018, 19:44

Hi Everyone 

I have started buying up in Detroit. The cash flow is great, but there will be a nice twist... I believe we will see growth, its already happening in some  neighborhoods. 

I am also seeing... like myself, out of State investors jumping into this market. Neighborhoods gentrifying... Yes, I have said it before on another post... Detroit is the come back kid.

Where in US will you get these returns?

What I am seeing  on the ground is many big players investing in Detroit, the worm has turned.  I will posts some links for those interested

I purchased this property for $49,900 in I would say B grade neighborhood. It was purchased prior to hitting the market, we negotiated direct with the owner who was behind in taxes and wanted to offload.  I spent $3,000 cleaning it up and bringing it up to be rent ready. Got a tenant within the first week.

I am buying forecloses/distressed properties. But some times I buy direct from realtors, but way too much competition this way... one of other purchases had 14 offers on the table... ouch.

I could flip this also look at flipping , but after all out of pocket expenses I would prefer to hold. Also because the market is rising, I expect appreciation will work it magic.... more money by holding this particular property.

I stick to SFH, I wont touch multi housing in Detroit market, way too much risk in my humble opinion and I certainly do not need the headaches.

Selection criteria for tenants is absolutely critical... I understand this is the case in any market. But we are talking Detroit, we need to get this right.  We are dealing with a different beast here.

Here are the numbers

$52,900   (cost to buy/rehab)

$60.00     Insurance per month

$1200      Taxes

$500        Maintenance pa

Rent        $900 per month

20.41% gross yield

Loading replies...