Tarek from flip or flop anyone getting text messages like this

10 Replies

My agent got this text from some buyer on one of our properties.. I wonder if those that take the Tarek and Kristine training class's are taught this line.. Me I think its BS but what do you all think ??  you think for one minute Tarek is out there buying low end rentals in fly over territory for cash ??? LOL  

‘Hi Kathy & Steve, my name is Robert  and I'm working with my stepson Tarek from the TV show Flip or Flop on HGTV. We are buying a lot of rentals in your area and Tarek wanted me to reach out to you about your listing at  St. I understand how important your time is so I don't want to waste it, that is why I'm sending you this text. We want to write an all cash offer for $86,500 and we would like you to represent us.

I received this text

This is the first I have heard of this.

Was there an address and you removed it?  

Is that a fair price for the property?

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

My agent got this text from some buyer on one of our properties.. I wonder if those that take the Tarek and Kristine training class's are taught this line.. Me I think its BS but what do you all think ??  you think for one minute Tarek is out there buying low end rentals in fly over territory for cash ??? LOL  

‘Hi Kathy & Steve, my name is Robert  and I'm working with my stepson Tarek from the TV show Flip or Flop on HGTV. We are buying a lot of rentals in your area and Tarek wanted me to reach out to you about your listing at  St. I understand how important your time is so I don't want to waste it, that is why I'm sending you this text. We want to write an all cash offer for $86,500 and we would like you to represent us.

I received this text

Originally posted by @Nik Moushon :

Sounds like a scam to me. I would just ignore it.

ya my initial reaction was BS  either someone flat out lying or they are teaching this at the tarek class's as a way to get your low balls seriously looked at. same thing as wholesalers who have a cash buyer partner when in fact they have no partner LOL.. its all just BS  

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :
Originally posted by @Nik Moushon:

ya my initial reaction was BS  either someone flat out lying or they are teaching this at the tarek class's as a way to get your low balls seriously looked at. same thing as wholesalers who have a cash buyer partner when in fact they have no partner LOL.. its all just BS  

Who cold texts an offer and is taken seriously? LOL

I bet he has a uncle who's a prince in Nigeria as well....

Originally posted by @Nik Moushon :
Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
Originally posted by @Nik Moushon:

Who cold texts an offer and is taken seriously? LOL

I bet he has a uncle who's a prince in Nigeria as well....

this is why I only accept text from my contacts if your not in my phone as a contact it just gets erased without me even really reading it and for sure I will never respond.

They say there is a sucker born every minute so there should be plenty of them in your area, will you help us find them and get them to commit to doing business with us and by the way we will just keep it our secret that we are looking into the possiblity you might be one of those as well, wink, wink :), but by working with us you just might prove you are smarter than the rest, how about it? hehehehehehehehehe

Haha, this is a new one. The gurus have been whoring their names out for $$$ for a while now. It wouldn't surprise me if you could pay a fee to say you're related to Tarek. Yeah, Tarek godfathered my children soooo accept my offer... 

Originally posted by @Nick C. :

Haha, this is a new one. The gurus have been whoring their names out for $$$ for a while now. It wouldn't surprise me if you could pay a fee to say you're related to Tarek. Yeah, Tarek godfathered my children soooo accept my offer... 

ya I see it as the wholesalers that are taught by the wholesale guru's to tell the seller that your partner needs to approve ( your partner being your cat).. Or wholesalers telling sellers they and there partners are cash buyers when in fact they have no partners unless you call their buyers list partners.. this one was weird when it said they were related.. 

But I doubt Terik is interested in low value rental real estate .. you don't need small potato's rentals when you make millions a year selling seminars .. low end rentals for him would be too much risk ..