Looking to network / League city Area

19 Replies

Also a League City guy here. Brand new to REI, looking at entering our first deal early next year. Trying to learn as much as we can right now and connect with other people in the area that share our interests.

Lots of investors in the area (myself included) to sell real deals to, so you are in a great area if thats where you are finding deals to wholesale.

I think there is a group that does a "meet-up" once a month at a bar in League City too, I haven't been but I see it plugged here from time to time.

I'm a investor in LC also.  I have a few deals under my belt and now targeting MF deals as well.  The Texas Realty Club has a monthly social at La Brisa's near I45 and 518 on the 2nd Tuesday each month.  If you are looking to network it's a good group.

There is at least one REI MeetUp in League City...I've seen them post here. Go to MeetUp.com and do a search for REI groups in LC. I've never attended because I'm only in Galveston County for a few days every couple of months.

@Andrew Flanagan

How do you flip raw land?  Are you doing any work to the land, or (and?) are you buying cheap in areas you expect to appreciate and holding until the right buyer comes along?

@Fabian Alvarado

I’m in the Seabrook area. Always looking for sfr I can turn in to cash flowing rentals. Let me know if you have something to look at

@Bruce C. I do direct mail and make offers directly to land owners, doing minimal improvements, if any. Looking at developing a current one I have actually. Not intending to hold long term at all. Just buying below market value then selling close to market for cash or terms. 

Raw land is hard to sell quick, but if you are willing to do owner finance or hold the note for a developer you can make some money.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here