How to find who to Direct mail?

9 Replies

Hello, I would like to know techniques to :how to find the type of person i want to send direct mail to.

For exemple: I am looking for seller finance deal. People over the age of 55 (baby boomers) that own six plex or more. That i can send them a personal letter. But how to find them effectively. Thank you for your time !

I believe their are services out there that can help you obtain lists, but I don't know much about them. Search around the forums, blogs, and podcasts here on BP. You should be able to find more info. 

@Didier Prince No matter if you use Listsource, Melissa Data, or any other list provider, don't feel like you have to limit yourself to the filters and criteria on their website. Give them a call and talk to them about specifically what you're looking for. They are all very friendly to work with. You'd be surprised as how many more search field they have access to compared to what is displayed on their websites. Good luck!

@Didier Prince Listsource will provide you with lists that everyone else is pulling. Keep that in mind. I have much more success when I pull niche lists like driving for dollars, tax liens, code violations, etc. And my best list is my super list where I identify properties that are on multiple lead lists. 

I hope that helps.

@Didier Prince I would skip direct mail all together. Find out who owns the property. Find the owner and find their email or phone number. Give them a call. This method is way more profitable (but doesn’t scale well).