Nick Russo
  • Philadelphia PA
Votes |
Passyunk Philly - Too Late?

Nick Russo
  • Philadelphia PA
Posted Nov 7 2019, 19:51

Hi Everyone,

First post to the forums but I've been a long time follower of the podcast and Bigger Pockets in general. I am looking to move to Philly and I would really like to live in a good area with plenty of bars and restaurants. Passyunk square area caught my eye because of what the area has to offer along with the relative affordability. I am looking for something that's a fixer upper but not a gut rehab. My family owns a construction company so we can do the work in house. I plan to live there for about 2-3 years then move to NJ, and I will then rent out the property.

My question is, am I too late to come into this area? It seems Passyunk is just about "there" but I'd like the opinion from some locals on what I'm looking to do. I am hoping the area is still appreciating well.

Off topic question, but the property I am looking at seems perfect for what I'm looking for, but the ceiling height on the 2nd floor is only about 7'. It won't bother me, but should I be concerned for renting, and for resale?

Thank you in advance for any input, and I apologize if I've put this in the wrong thread!

Loading replies...