Votes
Scott Petty
  • St George Utah
Votes |
How to structure investor financing terms

Scott Petty
  • St George Utah
Posted Nov 13 2019, 08:05

Hey everyone. I'm getting to a new point in my investing and want to reach out to the BP community for some guidance. Until now I've been able to finance my properties on my own. I have one SFR and two duplexes. I'm now working on purchasing a four plex for buy and hold but don't have enough of my own capital to cover the down payment and some additional costs. What are some simple terms that I could present to potential investors (friends and family) that would work for both parties? I understand that ultimately it will come down to what works best between the investors and myself but I'm also struggling to fully understand when and how to pay them their portion and ultimately pay off their investment. There are so many avenues to do this that I can't keep them straight. Like my first investment property I went with something simple, I could understand and then grow from there and that's kind of what I'm hoping to start with here, something simple and then on future deals get more fancy if necessary. Thanks everyone!

Loading replies...