Reserve access to VACANT property prior to closing

1 Reply

What is the best wording to include in the Contract reserving/requesting key/access after the paperwork has been signed? Owner is out of state & the house is vacant. I will want to show it to other potential buyers (wholesale) before closing.

@Helen Stepp the exact working would vary according to the specific situation. It is occupied now for example?  I can't tell you what to do as I am not an attorney.

What I would do is simply write something like "Buyer shall have access to the property before closing."

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here