• Real Estate Investor
  • Orange County, CA
Votes |
What would you do in this situation?

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Orange County, CA
Posted Feb 12 2013, 15:13

I am hoping to get some advice on how to proceed in a situation that is very upsetting to me. I came across a property recently with significant fire damage and an opportunit to puchase it. Being new to this industry and my market, i thougt it would be best to put it under contract and wholesale it to an investor who rehabs this type of property.

I contacted a fellow investor that i had met s few times and told him about the property and my intentions. He said he was interested and would meet me at the property to see if worth moving forward. I did A Lot of initial due diligence & had all the relevant info about it. When i got to the property, he had already knocked on the neigbors door, gotten a ph. number for the owner and handed the neighbor an envelope. When i asked what was in it, he said a note to the owner with HIS ph. number to reach HIM! And no he would nit share the owners number with me. He then said thanks for the referral & I'll keep you in the loop. I told him it was definitely NOT a referral and he knew that not only by our previous conversation, but by the email i had sent him the nigt before which clearly statred my intentions to wholesale.

Before you ask, no we did not sign anything together, which was probably my second mistake... My first was trusting him in the first place.

My questions... 1-do i have any recourse against his actions? 2-what would you do?

Thanks for any advice.. And yes i am going to add this to my lessons learned notes! I'm just horrified by this man's behavior. I can't imagine how he sleeps at night?

Loading replies...