• Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Housing prices from 1986 to 2021

Jaron Walling
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Apr 13 2021, 07:02

Growing up in the mid west I'm pretty good at seeing things at face value. I understand the difference between assets and toys (most cars, motorcycle, boats, RV, etc). I started my investment journey about 4 years ago so I consider my self young in the industry, but I'm seeing property sales that make no sense. Maybe it's a gut feeling or inner defense mechanism but I don't know how some of these people are affording these homes. Neighborhoods that I considered VERY cheap are now priced to the moon. I always try to keep emotion out and let the numbers direct my decisions. The numbers are leading me to SELL EVERYTHING> I don't want to sell> I want to buy and hold!

I have a few single families with an average of 6.75% ROI. They're at market level and fully remodeled. One of my properties is free and clear. How would you fund the next deal? Would you put a mortgage on it and wait for this eviction moratorium to pane out? Are you even buying right now? The chart below is set to the year I was born.

Loading replies...