any books you’d recommend for a beginner

13 Replies

@Gregorio Maximus Tancredi

There are so many.... The Rich Dad Poor Dad got me started...

Rich Dad Poor Dad

Why the Rich Keep Getting Richer

These spin off to several other books written by contributors to the RDPD books; Tom Wheelwright, Ken  McElroy, etc...

Once you start reading, it's hard to stop!  

Cheers!

Nick Belsky

@Gregorio Maximus Tancredi

I like that you have a lot of enthusiasm there!! I'd recommend...

The Art Of The Deal

Rich Dad, Poor Dad

The Book On Investing In Real Estate With No (and Low) Money Down

The Book On Flipping Houses

The Book On Estimating Rehab Costs

Real Estate Investing Gone Bad

Flip

The Book On Tax Strategies For The Savvy Real Estate Investor

The Flipping Blueprint

Dictionary Of Real Estate Terms

Raising Private Capital

The Book On Negotiating Real Estate

Flip Your Future

Fix And Flip Your Way To Financial Freedom

First let me congratulate you looking to your future at your age. Well done! As for books the lists above are great. I would add one more. "Buy Rehab Refi Rent Repeat" by David Greene. It's called the BRRRR method. Also, in addition to reading, which is a great way to learn, Bigger Pockets offer great webinars. They are free. Take advantage of them. If you have a Real Estate Investor Association, REIA, in your area check it out. Call them to ask if you can attend a meeting or 2 for free before buying in. If you go just watch to see who everyone is trying to talk to. Then introduce yourself and tell him your story. Have a short 1 minute speech ready. This is called an elevator speech. It introduces you and your goals quickly. You may run into someone who would be willing to be a mentor. But watch out for guys who want to charge you Nick bucks. When you are ready offer to work for them in exchange for their help.

Goos luck. Let us know how you are doing. 

How to Invest in Real Estate by Brandon Turner and Josh Dorkin would be the best place to start: https://store.biggerpockets.co...

Next after that I would recommend The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller. It's a classic.