User Stats

Votes
Matthew M.
Votes |
Need help from investors familiar with Arkansas

Matthew M.
Posted Oct 25 2021, 17:04

Good afternoon BP community!

Currently looking to purchase my second investment property in Little Rock, Arkansas! I currently own a property in Jacksonville AR just north of Little Rock and it's been great to me thus far. 

I'm trying to evaluate the neighborhood for reliability and if you will an overall crime to rentability ratio. 

It's S.W. Little Rock area code 72209. More specifically off of Baseline Rd. and Scott Hamilton Dr close to I30. Can any of you investors familiar with the city comment if you have any knowledge of this area. 

I'm hearing rent is always on time from my property manager. Houses are flying off the shelves in this area in this market. Although a quick google search shows an F neighborhood and poorly rated schools. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Blackstone
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Fayetteville, AR
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Fayetteville, AR
Replied Oct 26 2021, 14:35

Hey @Matthew M. I would get connected with a local Real Estate broker or just use your property manager. I can get you in touch with someone I trust in that area. This is what you do. Ask them to run a Comparable market analysis and a comparable rental analysis. That will give you a gage for purchase price and rents in the area. There are several free websites to call about crime rate, but I would first start by calling the non-emergency police department in that area and ask them what kind of calls do they get in the area you are interested in. Also ask them if the frequency of the calls. Our county's have a public record of the calls and generally what they are about. I would ask if they have something online that is similar. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 26 2021, 20:25

I lived in Little Rock a little over 20 years ago. I’m not really familiar with that area but would say it’s not in what is the desirable parts of Little Rock and not where I would want my daughter to live. Is it a bad area? I don’t know. Is it a good area. I don’t think it is.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Kathryn Schauer
  • Investor
  • Connecticut
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Connecticut
Replied Oct 27 2021, 02:40

I have a property in that zip code.  DM me and I’ll see how close yours is to mine.